Vendor at the 5th Annual Garden Faire (Fall 2011) Free Acrylic Leaf Impressions
We were so excited to be a part of this wonderful event in the beautiful surroundings of the Mercer Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. We had a great turn out and so many kids and parents created their very own original miniature art works. We had canvas, paint, brushes, a wide variety of pressed leaves, stamps, stencils and many other garden inspired materials available for all ages to express themselves. It was relaxing, but very busy at our en plein air escape into the colors and inspiration of the Garden Faire.
"The mission of art is not to copy nature but to express it...
Art is a harmony parallel to nature." Cezanne
as also a wonderful display of fresh, original, colorful and contemporary nature related art work available for purchase at great prices. Whether you were channeling your inner artist or just collecting, it was fun and memorable.
We had a great day! There were so many beautiful bright and unique leaf impressions and we are so proud of all the wonderful and talented artists who joined us in the woods! Congratulations on all your masterpieces! See you next year!
Sponsored by The Mercer Society (TMS), this family festival takes place in the natural picnic area on the west side of Aldine Westfield Road in Houston, Texas.
This two-day event, which attracted over 1,600 attendees in 2010, features a variety of entertainment and free activities.
The Kids’ Korner Activity Area sponsored by The Mercer Society offers kids nature-related crafts such as making and decorating hats with recycled materials, planting seeds to take home, creating a three-dimensional frog from paper, making a hummingbird feeder, and assembling a book on snakes.
Looking for that one of a kind gift for your favorite gardener? TMS will have a booth offering gift items sold in The Gift Shoppe.
Other onsite nature-related vendor booths will include:
- Herbal soaps, local honey, and quirky yard art
- Locally -made garden furniture and planting boxes
- Original artwork, hand-made garden bags and aprons, photography, and pottery
- Hair bows, sun catchers, jewelry, hand-made insects and garden totems
- Regional plant societies will be selling carnivorous plants, gingers, herbs, orchids, trees, shrubs, and more
- Pet rescue groups will have animals that are open for adoption
- a variety of concessions available for purchasing food or festival goers can pack a picnic